Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, March 16, 2012

Sniper Reporting for Duty

Today was so damn fun, I'm sore all over and I really could care less. Being that my kids are on a four day school week, Friday's are usually our ski day. So we got up at the butt crack of dawn and headed up to the lodge with my girlfriend and her kid in tow. (Beach chairs included) Except, we get there and it's bad. The snow has really started melting and the slopes are icy patches. There is no way I'm letting my kiddos, both beginners, try and manuever around that mess. So we put the kabosh on skiing today. I guess their season is over.

So in full ski gear, we head into town instead since we were already more than half way there. Fun stuff! We looked around a few stores, then used a bathroom to strip out of some of our layers before heading to an arcade. It was empty since town kids have a normal 5 day school schedule, suckers! So we all decided to play some laser tag.

Now you know I love guns right? However, I have never played laser tag. All the kids have though, lucky ducks. So not fair! So me and C decide it'll be moms verses kids. Three on two, that sounds about fair right? Especially since neither one of the said two have ever played. So we watched the tv, we listened to the instructions, we got fitted with the little cute vests and thrown into a huge two story room.

We were red, the kids were blue. It was panadmonium! The kids immediately scattered like geese leaving me and C there staring at each other. We shrugged and each headed in opposite directions. Turns out laser tag is very much set up like some of the military firearm drills and when I worked with the military a long time ago, I got to do one of them with a few of the other office punks. It was a blast. So I quickly figured out the whole duck, cover, sweep and run thing.

We nailed those kids. Those trash talking little girls that we love so much never had a chance. Between me and C, we won all four rounds plus either one of us was the highest point winner in each match.

Now, have you ever played laser tag in snow boots, ski pants and a sweatshirt? I lost 20 lbs in there I swear. I was dripping with sweat. It didn't help that my ski pants are white. When the black lights came on, I was lite up like a Christmas tree. Which means I had to run and run alot. My kids are evil! So evil that running from Princess, I did a face plant on one of the ramp since you have to hold the gun with two hands. I managed to keep hold of the gun and zap her on my way down.... my face is so freaking sore! But I managed to drag my old ass into a corner to recouperate while still zapping another kid.

Highlight of the entire trip?

C was more shock and awe while I was sneaky in strategy. So when C got stuck between the two teens who were zapping the crap out of her, she screams over the music for me asking where I was... ummmm you don't give away your position dude! So on my way to her, she suddenly starts yelling ABORT ABORT ABORT and I took off in another direction. Then while I'm sweeping a corner I hear her scream "I'm a total badass" and all the kids go running past me with her chasing them. It was surreal, kinda like Rambette.

Even funnier when she confessed to pee-ing herself a little at that point, lol. Holy crap, how do I find such awesome friends? I seriously have the market on good friends.

And next week, I'm wearing black head to toe....... cause it's on baby!

Code name: sniper