Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, April 27, 2012

Pimp the Mom

 So there I was minding my own business and blow drying my hair tonight. It was raining cats and dogs, the kid was bored to tears. I have in to the "let me do your hair mom" plea. It was easier than locking her out of the house in the rain. (She's strong!) Not to mention, I've really embraced my SAHM roots and frankly, other than blow dry and occassionally hit the ends with a straighener, I don't do or put anything in my hair. (Ballz, okay except hair color cause my shit is grey, happy)


 Ummmm after the first session, I ran outside to get a better look at this and yep, it's a hawt mess. God lord help me. I look like I have a 70's fro going on.

 She found me and pulled me back inside. (She's really strong) and then we got here. Better! Except I'm not too sure about the overall "do". But better, no longer a reject from another era.

 Then she tried to updo........ she ran off to answer a text from a friend so I was able to capture this before she tried again. Thank the sweet plastic baby Jesus on the dashboard, she tried again. I'm not really an abstract hair kinda girl. I'm too old for this shite, but apparently not old enough for a hello kitty tshirt, hello!

 This was her end result. She gave me sleek finger waves. (WTH is finger waves? I'm googling that)

Then her friend came by to grab her for a sleepover and I was able to go back to normal....... sweet victory.

Next time she's bored, I'm letting her do Duchess' hair.