Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Days In Our RV - the coolest soap on web

Today is everything I remember Texas as being.........HOT, muggy and overcast. It's a very "I need a shower day" with a filmy layer and I don't care.

Yesterday was rain rain rain. SO much so that before lunch in the dead of schooltime Dave calls and says to fire up the F250 and come get daddy from work....those precious words: RAINOUT. And when I showed up to pick him up driving that F250 dressed in jean capris with knee high rain boots, a black shirt, a black hat and no makeup, he said I looked cute. I can't remember being this "not" concerned with how I look. It's very refreshing after years and years and years of my "work" self.

Today my tummy is "off". Not sure if it's a bug or what but I really feel like I could barf but a quick nap helped. Now we have spelling and language under our belt we're off to get propane, start some towels to wash and come back for another round of math. Bring on the school! - insert gang sign - yo

I'm knee deep in my school, their school and keeping out small RV clean and organized so we can all walk around in here. Although yesterday I had the perfect reason to clean it from top to bottom. Dave gave up trying to find an independent groomer and he gave Murphy a haircut himself............in our RV............oh dear god. In January we took our little man to Petsmart and they hurt him, so he's been gunshy and frankly so were we, but he was the perfect little guy last night, patiently letting Dave groom him and do his nails. Two hours later we had a gorgeous doggie! And doggie hair EVERYWHERE. So yeah I had my work cut out for me. Next time we're doing it in the shower house dang it! But we're dog hair free and now if only I could get their history lesson finished I'd feel better about my day.......sigh........gotta get moving here.