Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, March 23, 2010

We R Griswald

My life is never boring, never ever ordinary, never predictable, and frankly I am so thankful. It blows me away when I look around sometimes and see people going about their lives in a rut. Cause I've been there and it was for a reason, the Lord knew what I needed and when so once my surgery was done, my three years in Utah was revealed to me and I totally understood what it was I was suppose to do there. And why I was there for so long. But can I just say hello! My life is back on track: unpredictable, out of the ordinary, and full.

Love it!

So it shouldn't surprise me when things go awry, but it always does.

We headed up to Oklahoma for a quick last minute weekend trip. We needed to de-funk our rv storage and we have a closet at the lake house with room for our stuff that we don't need right now. So there we went......

We get past the "incident" and make it to the lake just in time for the cock to crow. Then us adults crashed for a while to sleep while the kids entertained pepaw. The afternoon brought us some fishing. Duchess was desperate to fish. She wanted to catch that first fish. And since they were out of fishing licenses at the boat dock, we were supervising the trip rather than joining it.

We got out there and after finally finding the exact cove that Dave wanted, we got the kids' lines in the water right off the boat slips. It was a beautiful, 70 degree day and Grand Lake never looked prettier! The water was a little cold though, as I slipped a flippy off and stuck my toe in, so we didn't dangle our legs in this time.

Although I did damn near fall into the drink trying to take pictures of my peeps. Along the edge of the entire slip I was standing close to the edge leaning over to take a pic of the three of them huddled together whispering talking fish stradegy. When the plank I was standing on, tilted...the damn thing and tipped me over towards the water, where I reached out with camera in hand to cling to a rusty pole. Except the rust on the pole was coming off in my hand causing mme to spiral around futher close to the water, when I screamed Dave's name and he jumped into hero mode to snatch me out of harms' way. Thank that man! Good heavens I would have been so very very freaking cold. But then he announced that I needed a full time keeper and made me sit quietly on the dock on my bum so they could fish in peace. Sigh.......my life is such drama......

And the drama continued......sundown brought no fish, not one nibble so we headed back to the house and planned to go first thing in the morning for Duchess' first fish. Cause the afternoon was already planned......4x4-ing under the dam. Something Dave and I have spent many of weekends out there doing and loving!

But alas, we returned to the house to find pepaw frowning at the weather report. With good reason. The next morning it was 20 something, and the rain quickly turned to sludge. So we spent some family time together and headed into town to get us some Chinese food and toothbrushes (cause yuck, what a thing to forget) when it went from sludge to flat out snow.

It snowed until morning. We were suppose to go to church then get on the road for our 9 hour drive back to Beaumont but alas.......it was crazy crazy snow everywhere so we packed up and left. It took 12 plus hours to get home as we had to go out of our way to get out of the March storm. Fun times.........

But we had a great time and as usual.........we r griswald