Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, March 12, 2010

Process and Focus

Today was a fun school day for me, I got to break out my trusty red pen. It was process and grading day. We started out the day in history for Princess, which gives us good reading practice and enabled us to spend some one on one discussing the beginning of man kind (i.e. bible based and evolution). I love the brain on my kid. She gets the comprehension stuff better than I would have thought and her questions are always mature and make me think for the answer. Good challenge! Then she moved on to spelling and penmenship. Next up is math and science before we're done for the day. Today we're going over order or operations so she is looking forward to that one! Science is all about energy.

Duchess is having a "I can't focus day" which means she is sitting right next to me and I've called her name a million times to get her out of "daydream" land and back to earth. Honestly, I'd love to know where she visits when she spaces out. Narnia? Disney Princess Hell? Who knows with this kid! She started with spelling and as usual, aced her test. She loves the spelling exercises we do (rainbow colors, story writing, backwards/forewards words) so she does really well in spelling. Cursive writing is up next, finally broke through and got the concept and did really well. It's been like teaching Greek up until this point. Go baby go. Math was fun, she got to take a test on double digit subtraction which she killed, so we are on to subtraction regrouping tomorrow. Last up is phonics for her, she is getting her book down now, and gripping all along the way........love my baby.

So other than the indepth school lessons, it's a beautimus Friday here in Texas. Nothing special planned for this weekend, just enjoying ourselves. The kids are dying to see the beach so hopefully we can work in a trip. Also, they are eyeballing the damn pool here so we may have to soon invest in swimsuits. Frankly I'd rather somebody strung me naked out in a field and covered me in peanut butter than appear in public in a swimsuit. Oh sweet baby Jesus....help me.