Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Halloween, Gas and More

The Princess got into the car after school today with grave news, she farted in front of her class. I immediately had to bite my tongue but the Duchess laughed till she couldn't breath. I tried deep breathing but was still struggling to hold my laughter in (yep, bad mom) when she then announced in a voice filled with tears that when everyone started laughing and she was stomping back to her desk, she did it again. I burst. What kind of parent responds to her crying child by laughing? Me. I suck. To cover my tracks, I immediately lied and said that it had happened to me too. I then had to further lie by giving a story when she hopefully asked all about it. She assured me that she was embarrassed but that she didn't cry. I'm so proud. My amazing kid then told everyone who was laughing that gas is very nature and that if they didn't fart too then they would explode. Science is definately in her future! The teacher tried to calm things down but she will forever be known as the kid that farted in front of her class, but she didn't cry. I love this kid.

Halloween was great. We ate and ran. I brought along the trusty red wagon filled with coats and a blanket to warm everyone up as we went but they left me in the dust. Fifteen minutes into it, the novelty wore off and Duchess was covered up to the top of her tiara with a blanket. She was just hollar for her sister to bring her back a treat. It was very cold here, unusual for this time of year so after four streets we hauled our loot back home. Just to have the doorbell ring a million times. I am the lady that forgot to buy candy. So we ignored it, and ignored it and ignored it. Finally it stopped. The Man returns Saturday and the girls have upgraded him from Denny's to Red Lobster, in their costumes. He is one lucky man.

Work is great, I love having a job where I have alot of freedom to do my own thing (like homework and email my girlfriends) but I have got to find some extra stuff to do. The boss went offsite all afternoon (I think he went shopping) and I woke up around 2 with the imprint of my mousepad on my forehead, in an office of fifty something cubicles you would think someone would notice the drooling and snoring (I've been told that I occassionally snore) but no, no one noticed. I think that is a good thing. I need more productive hobbies, maybe I should start a home business to run out of my cubicle?