Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, November 15, 2009

Reality Bites

Dave was home this weekend. Being that it's my first week out of bed, that was a treat. Big help. I'm slowly working on getting energy back. I'm good in the mornings but after 2 or so, I'm done for. Wiped out and can barely get up off my butt. Not good, doc says by Christmas I'll be back to 90% so I'm holding out for that. I can make it till Christmas, right?

My poor mom is back at her place. Finally get back in the swing of her schedule, her life.

Since the daycare is caput, we've found a solution. We spent all Satuday interviewing nannies. Found a good one, Nichole is a former military lady, has kids of her own (who are very well behaved) and will be coming with her in the afternoons so the kids have playmates. Plus Nichole is all about MY schedule, MY rules, and MY way. Dude, that is totally what I need. Plus she does laundry, washes dishes, and will start dinner (mental note, make menus). She starts part time for now until I go back to work so that I have help around the house since I'm on major restrictions. Fun times. Cross fingers that this works out.

Today we had visitors. Dave and I have been together since we were in our late late teens. One of the first people I met through him was his best friend from high school. Although they keep in touch by phone, it's been awhile since we've sat down and visited with him and his family. Today they were in the area and we all got to sit down for several hours. That was so fun.

Then when they left, it was time for Dave to leave. Why was it so much harder to watch him walk away? It has been tougher than usual. It's like my mood got packed in his suitcase and my mom took it to the airport with him.

It's just hormones right?

Dinner is leftovers and the kids are cooking it themselves. Yes!!!! Very much fun. Too bad they are as sad as I am.........maybe they'll do my homework too.......