Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, November 24, 2009

This is what no sleep accomplishes...

when you have time on your hands after midnight, you can get a lot of sorting, scanning done.....

Princess was 3 months old (chubby baby) when we flew home for our first Louisiana visit. Mom finally got to show off her first grandbaby.

So before I had kids, I had curly hair. After kids, not so much so I straightened it alot. For the past year, the curl is coming back. Scary....and yes I'm wearing shorts under that shirt somewhere. Seem to recall I "borrowed" that shirt from somone way taller than me. This is what happens when high schoolers are made to work elementary track events. They show up with really short shorts. Can't for the life of me remember who is in this pic with me.

Junior prom, obviously I was ready but just relaxing. I grew up in a very small town...where we lived on main street but you see the garden behind me........yeah that was ours.....


Howdy sailor.......home for a visit.


Princess was six months and NOT on people food yet when mom came to visit. This is what happens when you go to a rib joint then go to the bathroom. Mom giving Princess her first "taste" of ribs.

8th grade me......I can't believe how much my kids favor the younger me. Surprises me alot.

Dave's first ship. Go Navy. I miss the lifestyle. Much better than being stuck in Utah.


On a long long time ago, Dave's first visit to meet my family in Louisiana. His first visit there period. Where I introduced him to shrimp eatting off a table covered in wax paper and a drive thru liquor store.

Damn honey. I really like this pic.......lol. Memories like this make this whole living apart thing okay sometimes.

Sophomore year in high school.

Dave and my Nanny. No wonder she's always been nuts about him. When she found out I was dating a new guy while living in Tulsa, she and my aunt drove up without telling anyone to "check him out". I love my family.

First week in San Diego, six months preggers with Princess. The world was mine.........what the hell happened? Life seemed so much simpler then. Reality now is not to my liking.