Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, November 29, 2009

crash and burn

I've hit the wall, woke up today and immediately clear that it's a rough one. I was careful and took the holiday very easy but I'm still down for the count. In fact I'm still wearing the uber comfy pjs that Dave bought me (cause I think he was tired of my other two pairs) and have no intent to change until tomorrow.

The good news is gluten free cupcakes in the ovening. Strawberry icing ready to go on top. Thank you so much Betty Crocker for coming out with 4 gluten free boxed treats! Life is good! The cake is wonderful and we'll see if the cupcakes are too.

Dave has been a huge help this trip. Cleaning the oven, scrubbing tubs and helping with the things I can't do but can't ask anyone else too.......makes it easier on me to be good and not over do it.

Blood pressure was low again today, have my chart ready to go over with my doc on Tuesday. Hopefully will not have to use meds to regulate. An interesting side note, I'm still 17 lbs lighter since surgery. It's weird being 9 lbs away from my wedding dress. I keep thinking it'll all pop back on but so far it's holding. We'll see how that continues.

Hopefully returning to work this week. Will be nice to have something else to focus on rather than my inards. Promising everyone under the sun that I'll pace myself and be careful. I'm very blessed to have my support system.

This has brought about alot of changes for me and in me but one thing is consistant. My friends and family.....the true ones.......I can count on. Period. They go to the mat with me and that is something I'll never forget.

Now back to online shopping for kids' Christmas and birthdays. Crowds scare the ever loving crap out of me these days, bad enough getting run into full in the stomach in Walmart trying to grocery shop, can't image trying to do much actual store shopping.........online all the way baby!

Now I'm going to watch a movie and eat my cupcake. Then it's time to take my bp again.

Hope you had a great great Thanksgiving and are very thankful for the ones in your life. The Lord provides peeps.