Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dreaming...

It's what I'm not doing. 5.15 hours of sleep in the past two days. Call into doc to see why I'm exhausted but just can't sleep. It's like I'm walking in a vague fog. Frankly it's not so bad, everything is really vague, lol.

I beat you all. My mom and the kids got together tonight and put up my tree (albetit **yes it's a word, I looked it up, yeah!*** a smaller version, different location this year and couldn't cover up the security system but it's still purty) and wrapped my house in Christmas decorations. Since I'm still on restrictions this way I wouldn't be tempted to drag boxes up from the basement, I love you guys but seriously I am in no way tempted to drag anything. Still waiting for the energy to rise! So it'll be a very merry Thanksgiving.

So took time of my day to call and speak to the principal of my kids' school. Duchess came home from school with lots of homework and let it slip that during a nurse presentation, they were told not to eat bad foods so they wouldn't get chubby like everyone else. This plus her recent checking of calories on apple juice all kinda came to a head.

First off, I'm raising two girls in this insane world. It's bad enough that kids are growing so fast now, but body image just isn't something I'm prepared to work with in my first grader. Luckily the principal agreed with me and tomorrow the first grade will be readdressed regarding the food pyramid without the mention of calories or chubby/fat people. Cause I'm sorry but when your six, you kinda get fixated on certain parts of a sentence........you know that whole attention span thing. For example:

Me: Honey, pick up your shoes...
Duchess:
Me: Did you hear me?
Duchess:
Me: Hey, shoes?
Duchess:
Me: HEY
Duchess: Mommy did you want me?
Me: (bang head on wall)

So the whole part she gets from a presentation of good eating?

Chubby/calories

Sigh......

P.S. need new music, give me some ideas peeps...