Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Blessing

I'm so lucky to have good friends. While several people have jumped in to help with Thanksgiving cooking, my bestest friend since birth (hi mom) was with me today to precook and prep most of the food. I have two broilers (1 for turkey and 1 for ham) so my oven is free for whenever the girls show up to help cook (no lifting for me). I'm planning on sitting down alot, energy levels are still low. However, huge note today my blood pressure was actually kinda normal.........yeah! I'm keeping an eye on it for now though.

However, in between naps I did turn out the best new recipe I've had in a long time. The kids slurped it up, I was in shock.....

Slice up two zucchini
Slice up two ripe tomatoes
Slice up a slice of onion, pop layers apart

Layer the veggies, sprinkle top with garlic salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil.

Repeat veggies, repeat seasonings.

Sprinkle thyme along the top, sprinkle some mozz cheese and toss in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.

Yum.........

Sorry no pics, we ate it standing up at the bar.