Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Times They A Change

I must say that its disappointing how electonic we have become. Emails, texts, phone calls. No body writes letters anymore. The thrill of waiting for a letter, watching for the mailman, grasping that letter finally and tearing through it immediately, literally eating the words up. Then finding somewhere private to pour through it slowly.

No more long nights talking into the wee hours of the morning about everything under the sun.

No more long winding drives to nowhere, sitting as close as you can next to somebody who makes your heart beat wildly, just because they are there.

Noone singing along to the radio to you while staring deep in your eyes.......as if that song was just about you

No surprise visits, out of the blue popping up somewhere you shouldn't be. Just to see them smile.

The effort seems to diminish.

I guess that makes sense in this fast, responsibility full life.

This is what makes me curl up with some of my favorites.........

Emma. Sigh..........

Pride and Prejudice. Oh there are no words for Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth......you just get the feeling that 40 years later, those two will still be quipping and longing.

Anthing Karen Marie Moning. Highlanders even make breakfast yummy.....

Even Wurthing Heights.......Heathcliff might be evil incarnate and Cathy might be nuts but together they were redeemable and love was the only answer.

Real life gets too hectic. We make too many things important. We collect things. We have way too many facebook friends. We complicate things.

Is growing older the problem? Or are we as a whole growing away from the important stuff?

So I'm alone during the days now. Daddy gone back to hunting camp, mom is back to work, kids in school, me shuffling around in my bathrobe trying to do too much but still move around and work on getting some energy back. Dinner kicked my arse tonight, I'm exhausted.

Otherwise, complications gone, getting healed up and better.

Moody as HELL.

Haven't worn anything but pjs for a month now and I'm pretty sure I haven't washed my hair in four days.........

If you've called and I haven't answered the phone, it's cause I'm reading and I have nothing to say, lol...........who really wants to talk about how awful they feel?

But the worst part?

The nightsweats and the day chills.........

They suck some major ........well you get the idea.