Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, June 19, 2008

Move Day

Move day started early.......real early. Especially since The Man insisted on sleeping at the new place, on pallets.....awww isn't he cute? My back was killing me! I'm too old for that crap. But while awaiting the troops, he spent his breakfast time calling people to set up new house stuff.


Whereas my baby, Duchess slept in.........then wandered around in her jammies until I made her go to kid camp for the day. Moving with kids underfoot is NOT cool......


The calvary finally arrived. We started with four. That rocked, four guys that work with The Man (sporting his favorite Dads Againest Daughters Dating shirt). Four meant that I could make donut and coffee runs and then work my way over to the new house put things away as we received them. Didn't happen. Why you ask?

Cause seven more people showed up. This action was more than I would have gotten if I'd have had military movers, they only send three. So it began, the tearing down of furniture, the stuffing of crap into boxes, cause I didn't have time to pack ( hey, I was working...... ) the jokes and colorful commentary you get from ALL EX MILITARY guys with only one woman around, hence I was temped to buy earplugs, yuck.
Once at the new place, the guys started really going over the place. Worse than chicks they were. You should put this "here" and that "there", too funny. Especially since I put this "here" and that "there". Fun times. With eleven men on the decorating scheme.....
Then I noticed that they started slowing down around lunch. Most of the big stuff was moved. Now it was all garage junkola.......now The Man and I don't drink. We do smoke, but we just don't drink........so it never occured to me why so much got done before 11 a.m. and then after 11 a.m. everything slowly came to a grinding halt.

See all those coke cans.......yeah.......SOMEBODY brought rum (line: Yes, but what about the rum?) and it wasn't until I went to grab mine that somebody yelled, smell it first, make sure its clean.........oh boy.......
So the chickie here is my girlfriend Mrs. Hockey (named cause she plays every Friday night and is much more aggressive than her husband, she kicks complete arse.....) we typically spend every Sunday together while the guys work. We shop and we hang, cause I haven't been to church lately, but I'm starting back this Sunday so yeah me. Anywho, Mrs. Hockey and I were the chicks in charge of being in charge. We were cracking the whip. And ordering the massive amounts of food that was required to feed all these people. Plus, we switched to Dr. Pepper to avoid the tainted coke cans.....they almost got away with imbibing at my moving party. But honestly, this is one of the dangers of having so many of these rogues in one spot at one time.

Speaking of dangers......Poor guy......they completed nailed him twice with the headboard of my bed. Sorry fellow........there is ice......in the cooler......over there
As he waddled away, the rest just kinda too it in stride, laughing............


So the end product is not quite to my liking. But as of 5 p.m. on Friday, we were completely moved into the new house. Dang.............now we're unpacking..........still............and could use some help...........please.........

More interior shots to come tomorrow...........see you then