Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, June 4, 2008

There's Something Wrong With Me

Every marriage needs that little extra spice.....that little thing that keeps it fresh. Whether it's bringing home flowers, just because (or just because he makes you mad, same difference) - or running you a tub after a long stressful day ( I wish) - or maybe he's the thoughful kind that keeps air in your tires and fills your gas tank so you don't have to. It's all romance people. Keeps it hot and heavy.

I truly believe that the above picture is the reason we are still in love and happily married. He fixes stuff. I mean besides the crap that I break, he really fixes stuff.

See once when we were dating, his mom asked what I like about him....(can you smell a trap) and it was instantly clear.....he can fix anything. He is great with his hands.

I married him cause he's great with his hands. (stop thinking that)

So when the engine died on his beloved 4x4, The Man knew just what to do. We bought an engine. My little girls call the 4x4 "the pretty pony" cause it's a Ford, and my husband wants a paint job like I want a shopping spree at Barnes & Nobles. So he got an engine.


Then my garage looked like this......OMG, the OCD freak in me can't even walk outside. I have seriously started leaving and coming via the front door, which doesn't require me to walk through this in my heels. Cause my anal-retentive self just can't deal.


But look at that happy face.....Even though I can't stand the mess, I do love when my man comes up for the night covered in grease and oil and sweat.....that is just f*cking hot. Cause he fixes crap.
With a little help from Chilton's. How awesome and unusual to find a man who actually reads the directions and not just when he's stuck.

So as he's happily putting "the pretty pony" back together, I'm gonna go breathe into a brown paper bag and pray that the cleaning fairies will come clean my garage before we have to show the house on Friday.

OMG OMG OMG