Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, June 20, 2008

Unpacking.......Still

Well the mighty unpack job is underway......still.........we're now days into this, but we're coming together quite well, except I was tired so I needed me some beauty sleep, so then I wasn't unpacking......and I had to work, so I wasn't unpacking, and then the people I live with wanted to eat dinner every night (the nerve?) so I wasn't unpacking......are you picking up what I'm putting down?


So here is where we left off, the livingroom........hmmm not impressive at this point.....

Kitchen, yeah there is no way this is what it looked like in my dreams...... Oh wait, it's starting to come together......I do so love me the face to face conversing seating. I have a fixation with it......but I'm sure other people do too.....right? I will get around to filling those bookshelves, I promise........first I have to find the boxes of books......hmmmm
Starting to see some promise in the kitchen too.......slowly
But the best part was watching my hubby, The Man sink our first ever brand new mailbox. Go hubby go........


Anyone notice that it got dark really freaking quick? It's already 9 something at this point.....
Still going. He's very meticulous at his work. It doesn't help that I pointed out it wasn't up to postal code so he had to start over.........not the point at all...........
And still going..............OMG do you need some help?
Almost there........putting the finishing touches on..........

And what was I doing? Well I was sitting in the grass in my "I see London, I see France" pjs documenting this glorious experience so we can look back on it when we're 80. Maybe, just maybe when I point out that he was doing it wrong and it took almost an hour to do, he'll finally think it's funny.

Well it was funny..........Still waiting on internet service (we be in the boonies now) so will probably be back Monday morning, hopefully with full house shots of a beautiful and unpacked house.........

Maybe