Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Blank Canvas.....

Welcome to our new home.......come on inside.
This is the view from my front door.......so if I kick you out of my house, this is what you will see. Beautiful green grass......they love them some stucco here.....but the mountains in the background. Worth it. I do miss my morning lake views but I own this view. It rocks. The house across from me is for sale too, anyone want to be my neighbor......oh won't you be my neighbor....
Duchess is introducing the brand new kitchen........ohhhhhhhh.....pretty. I wasn't too sure about the cabnet color but everyone else raved about it, so I shut up. Then I realized it perfectly matched my table and was an upgrade on the model of my house. Sweet, I am in love with it now. The floors rock. I do love me some hardwood floors. Plus the major theme of my home decorating is wood and iron so there you go. This house was build with me in mind.


I lost some dining room space but you won't hear me crying.....the other one was so big and awkward that it was hard to decorate and didn't have that homey feeling that I love. Plus my pub table works well in this area......
This is the entrance to my living room. You see the coat closet.....You see the stairs to the full basement......off to the left you can see the foyer and the other end of that little hallway leads to bedrooms. I must admit that I am loving me some one level living. 10 plus years of multi-level living just sucked once I realized how much easier life is when you're all spread out on one floor. The Man gets points for knowing this ahead of time and forcing the rambler living.

More to come over the next couple of days........you'll get to see, gasp.....the reality of civilian moving. Which might be normal to most of you, but this was my FIRST non-military move. Meaning I couldn't sit and sip iced tea and just point, I had to actually work.......

It was not pretty.....you've been warned.