Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, June 23, 2008

Still NOT unpacking

This past weekend we managed to get alot of NOT unpacking done. Between last minute ballet rehersals, play dates with friends from the old neighborhood at the new house so the kids wouldn't be sad.....and The Man's new fetish with our yard, we managed to unpack ZERO boxes.
It started Saturday when he realized that our yard was a tiny bit too tall......so he ran to the store and bought a mower. Then lectured me about it for 30 minutes explaining the difference between a bagger and a mulcher, like I'm EVER gonna use that nasty thing....
Then we began the process, which apparently included doing it redneck style with a ciggie hanging out of his mouth.......I kinda think he looks hot there.....but that is me.......
It continued.....see there was a geometrical shape in his head and the yard had to be mowed to its exact specifications. I was seriously just enjoying the feel of tall, lush, I pay for it therefore I own it, grass between my toes......

Duchess and FiFi came out to observe too, and they had to put their toes in the grass as well. I think it's very important to raise your kids to appreciate the little things in life......grass between your toes is one of the big ones. Notice that the garage is still so packed, you can barely walk through it, much less park a "very spoiled and never parked outside" car in there.
See his cute little bag of clippings over on the sidewalk.......see his pattern in the grass......see his adorable little hat......although I do wish he'd have gotten the mower in a different color, I'm not so much into red.
Neither is Duchess, we're leaving this party and going back inside where it's exactly 71 degrees.
Princess stayed the course. Riding her bike and then stopping to help her dad bag up clippings as needed. What a little helper.......well and she was grounded and that was part of her punishment but it would probably be nicer not to mention that, or the fact that I threatened to empty out her room and donate all the goods to charity........
Speaking of charity......this wasn't part of her punishment, she just threw it in for good nature. What I missed was the 1.23 hours The Man spent edging the yard precisely, with military precision.........I was shopping.......for groceries I swear.....nothing fun...... ;)