Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, June 9, 2008

My Princess

I dearly love being a mom. Now that we are past the burping, diapers, bottle feeding, nursing, nighttime bed wetting, and such stage, parenting has just gotten cool. Oh well besides the attitudes, fighting and inability to share a bathroom. But I must say, I'll all aboard the "active kid" train. Once I was told by another parent that keeping my kids busy would be better than paying therapy later in life, that was funny then, now I take that crap to heart. Hello after school activities.........you are my sanity.....
Princess has really taken to ballet. After all the things we've tried, this is the one that stuck. She just thrives on it. I must say though that between choir, speed stacking clubs, ballet and school we just jump and run throughout the week. But man, her grades have soared, her reading has really improved and she is constantly striving for more and better. I think I like this busy thing.
Besides that, watching her perform, one of two people on the stage in front of the town fair just makes my heart swell. She was beautiful, graceful and amazing.........I can't believe how very much she has grown. How before my eyes she has gone from little fat cheeked bald baby to this tall, graceful creature.
And the talent she shows just amazes me.........Look above.....do you see how high she leaps. Utterly graceful..........how in the world did I create (with The Man's help) something so amazing...I was teary eyed at this point (just blows my hardarse image to shit doesn't it)
So yeah, if my kiddo wants to continue with ballet? Yeah, we can do that.
Because I can't wait for more days like this.........when she just shines........

And then comes straight over and demands $5 for a hotdog and soda.