Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, September 11, 2011

Last two weeks in review.. cause I'm lazy

So as usual around here, it's been slam packed with busy! Dave came in, we had a tournament where Prin slammed her first triple and RBI-ed. Duchess got caught on cam singing (she sings all the time but it's like trying to catch a UFO on film). So yeah, the whole last two weeks condensed like some soup concentrate for your viewing pleasure, via pics. Repeat: I'm lazy and I have school work.

 The sushi eater was in town. Seriously it kills me to sit across from him while he's eating raw fish but I think that is half the appeal for him. I paid extra and my shit was cooked yo! Although he did order me a pina colda and it wasn't even noon technically, I'm such a bad person, but they didn't serve Coke.

 The kid wants to attend her first boy/girl dance, so she is all about helpful! Dayum you 7th grade decision makers, I'm not ready for school dances! So far it's a 2 hour ordeal and she can go per Dave, but no dress, no date and well I'm just looking for a reason to crash this thing.

 It's FOOTBALL season, and I'm all pimped out in my LSU gear. Geaux tigers geaux! It's an epic event in my house, the kids and I represent on game days! Being in this far corner of Texas where I can be in La in literally 20 minutes makes it more Tiger country than Aggie country so if you are a Texas Football Fan, Bite me!

 Duchess working her way through snacks at the fields. The kid brought all her zui zui pets to the game about 2 hours from home, so it was "rat" city but the other kids (not the players but the group of siblings) where in HEAVEN. She's very industrious. I'm really proud that it didn't occur to her to "rent" them out though.

 So we all gathered and hit the local steak house, seatting a softball party of 33 please. Yeah, kids, parents and etc... it was madness. Hysterical madness but fun to hang with the other parents. Yeah you read that right, I was in a forced socializing situation. BA ordered a damn margarita, I shouldn't have stuck with coke, I should have joined her. Oh and the peanut fight ended in a draw.

 There's my baby behind the plate. Blows my mind that the kid wound up being a catcher. I never saw that coming and neither did Billy, her other coach. But there she is, getting more and more aggressive behind the plate. Hell, this game she had the ball and literally chased a runner back to third to avoid a steal home. Go tiger go!

 The coolest part is when she throws that helmet off and jams after a ball.......lol.

 There's BA and her drink! Boo and Duchess at the "tiny tot only" table behind her, lol.

 At one point, they ended up playing in 40 mph winds, driving sheets of rain and cold cold temp drops. Thanks to that tropical storm! I wound up taking Duch to the jeep and watched from the safety of the heater vent. Dave represented at the field side.

 Kel pitching, the kid rocks and Prin covering second. These girls are trouble with a capital T together, love it!

 Dave doing the no-no finger thing hanging at B's. He kicked our ass soundly in cards. The punk. Yeah honey, you're a punk.

 But he's the punk that got out in the back yard and used our set up to throw balls at his catcher daughter. Who was stopping balls with her body, no glove. Dayum, that scares me but it's part of the catcher drills.

 Duchess and the neighbor girl finally catching the bus without the "moms" standing watch. So I hid behind the roses and keep an eye out until she boards...........cause I'm a stalker mom.

 This weekend I took Kel, Prin and Duch to the mall then dinner. I really love the time with these kids, they amuse the utter crap out of me. And they got applause after doing a line dance beside the table, lol.

 Ummm after practice they were tormenting the local Wal-Mart. Sorry Mom!

 Dude, Duchess sings! I fooled her into thinking I was facebooking on my phone, lol but I recorded the whole song, it's on the Vid page of this blog, lol.

 I even hung my own flag. After borrowing a drill charger, drill bit and then finally his drill from my neighbor. Took forever but I got it!

 I took the tweens to church too, good lord. At least my kid wore a dressy shirt, lol.

 Duch still wears dresses everyday to Dave's relief. Prin is like me though, you ain't gonna jack her into a dress unless somebody is wedding or burying.

 And the only pic of us from date night. I was running on 7 hours of sleep for 2.5 days at this point and this was around midnight when we stopped at walmart to grocery shop before heading home. Cause we be party animals up in this beeeach.

See I looked nice early before we left! Does anyone else have to take pics of their outfits and send to their friends for "approval" cause I leave the house looking like a hot mess if Case, M, or BA one don't voice some opinion. Somebody come take my "girl" card please.