Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, September 12, 2011

Ponderings from a Long Meeting

So when you're required to sit in a meeting (okay, be in a meeting via conference call) during which your part was at the beginning and the very end, the middle kinda stretches out into blah...................................................................................................................................

So it was during these moments that me and a few of my counterparts in other cities were in a group IM which usually has a weekly theme. This week's theme was not picked by me, it was "lessons learned". Wow, how about some deep shit on a Monday peeps. Two weeks ago was mine and it was "ways to use the word goat in a curse word", much more creative and entertaining I think. Since it was a group of professional women, it was even funnier than it sounds. snicker. I'm a bad influence.

Except it started out serious but quickly went into "don't fry eggs naked" kind of stuff. But the serious stuff, yeah that kinda sits with you too.

Things like:

-Listen with your heart not your head- hmmm okay, true enough.
-no such thing as too late- actually yeah there is, like as in oh I don't know... too late for a wedding, too late for putting the winning lotto numbers in before the drawing. etc.
-words mean nothing if there is no action behind them- ouch....
-the early bird gets the worm- sometimes, but sometimes that only refers to garage sales and Black Friday loot

Yeah, apparently I'm Debbie Downer, lol. I was once really optimistic, crap guess that went the way of the birds huh?

Does life make you bitter? Do we lose all our optimism? Or is that just called "growing up"?

Hmmmmm, now I've purged all the serious thoughts from my head I'm gonna go eat cookies and watch Sookie try and choose between Bill and Eric.

(Dude, that girl needs to just Viking up!)