Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, September 24, 2011

I earned this........

I'm totally gonna add a little something, something to my Sonic cup tonight. Good grief what a day. It started out great, and while completely nuts it's ending on a high note but really? DAYUM.

I actually got to sleep in. Although I went to bed late cause I was reading the Survivors Club per Dave. See he's determined that I have to read this book, to be prepared for whatever. And since I'm flying out to see him next month, it came into discussion that I'd not gotten past the proulouge. Mainly because in the prolouge it was all about surviving water safety training at a military facility by the author. Ummm, I hate deep water. I don't swim where I can't see the bottom cause JAWS is in there waiting just for me. He likes B+ blood I'm sure of this fact. So why tempt him, you know. I don't even like to swim underwater in a pool where I can see the bottom, forget putting my face in the water to swim too. I've mastered swimming fast without having to do this either. Hell, I barely wash my hair in the tub either. So yeah imagine reading that part of the book about a simulated helicopter crash UNDER WATER and having to get to the surface.

SCREW THAT. But I'm off topic here. I woke up 10 till 9 this morning before the alarm went off thanks to Dave. I had one of those nightmares where you wake up frantic, sweat soaked, gasping for air and scared shitless. I did verify that I hadn't wet myself, yah me! Because that sweet adorable stud I married booked my flights to come see him. And when I noticed the seating he chose it went something like this:

-Dude did you PICK those seats? BTW thanks for the direct flights.
>Yes
-By the potty? really?
>No, five rows from the emergency exit in the rear of the plane
-WTF?
>Safest place on plane in event of a crash. Also wear sensible shoes, they are a must to quickly escape in event of cabin fire. Didn't you read the Survivor's Club yet?
-CANCEL THE FLIGHT, I"M NOT GOING
>??????????????
-Seriously?
> Very
- OMG

So I felt obligated to read that part of the damn book. And it was pretty eyeopening. Everything it says NOT to do during airplane travel.... I do. The few times I fly. I wear cute, nonsenible shoes and then shuck them off immediately. I leave the seatbelt loose cause I hate tight shit on my tummy. I put in my ipod immediately so I don't have to talk to people. I ignore all safety briefings cause really who wants to listen to that crap. I sleep until someone pokes me to get the hell out of their way cause dumbshit, we've landed.

Apparently, I'm a 0% chance of survival in an airplane crash. And I fly very very soon. So I would not be one of the 95% of people that overall survive an actual crash or fire. Great. I'm gonna buy a lotto ticket right before I fly now too. But seriously, I stayed up late last night reading that damn book. Then had a dream about said damn book.

So my day was frantic from the start. With reason apparently, but you can bet your ass that I'll be wearing the right shoes, sitting in the right seat, studying that safety shit like I'm preping for a final when I fly soon.

We got up and quickly hit the local heaven in a hole in the wall donut shop where you can get kolaches and if you don't know what they are, I'll pray for you. The kids stuffed their faces then it was time for momma's Sonic run. We were off. Grabbing girls along the way as it was my turn to carpool, we headed to our new fav ballpark for a sat morning practice. Three hours of dirt, sweat and gossip with the moms. Love it.

I brought them home, fed them through a window and we all hit the hay for a big ole nap. Except my nap went for three hours and it was wonderful. I could write some really hawt lyrics to a good nap!

But the fun really began when I drug myself out of bed. Started by cleaning out my vehicles. I have two with me. Dave has his personal and his work truck in Idaho with him. Now I love having two of my own. When one is down or needs oil changed or what have you, I don't have to count on anyone to help me out. I'm very self-sufficient like that yo. But the jeep has been giving me grief and I have travel tournement coming. I hate packing equipment/kids/supplies in my car for a road trip so I cracked the hood, borrowed some jumper cables and had at it. No dice. Using my car, I jumped the jeep but it wouldn't keep a charge. So I struggled alot and finally got the battery out and into my car. This is where I called Dave and bragged about getting that huge monster out by myself just to have him tell me that is a really light battery. Stop raining on my parade babe!

I have Kay with me this weekend as B is working and it really feels natural to have this kid with me. It's like I have three kids instead of two. Love it. So we hit up her house for more clothes for the weekend and I need to grab a new battery for the jeep. Now my goal is to get to walmart and get what I need and get out. Right............

Wrong. I get there and my battery is under warranty. So they have to put in a super duper charger to test it for sure. It takes an hour. Well I'm a multi-tasker. So since there is no wait, I have them take my car to change the oil. And me and all the kids head into walmart where I start shopping for groceries and stuff and they start off watching fish (hear this, I will not have fish in my house again. After crying my butt off over wiki, I just can't do it again) but they could stand there and watch them for hours. So off I go. Except before I even got to the grocery section, I'd been paged three times. Turns out my break light was out. Yes, fix it. Then I got three aisles and called again. The CAR BATTERY was bad and going dead too. Could someone please look up the odds of this shit? Please........ So yes, replace it and thank you Lord it's under warranty too. So I finally get to grocery shop and doing it with an 8 year old and two tweens is rough stuff. I sound like a drill instructor........Fall in, fall in, fall in. Yes, we do formation when we pass other people cause I hate those people who let their kids block aisles and stuff. Not cool people, take control are don't bred please.

Two hours later..........yeah you read that right. TWO HOURS LATER. I had a $12 core charge only for one battery and 50% prorate on the other and a shiney car with fresh oil and a trunk full of groceries and one new waffle maker. We love waffles dude.

I got home just in time to rush inside and dive over the loveseat to catch LSU make their second score. I was a bad mom and made the kids bring in groceries so I could at least listen to my boys play. Then I whipped up some waffles!

So all in all, this day has rode me hard and put me up wet but LSU is winning, I have new batteries and a purty car. Full belly and my house is semi clean.

Life is blessed.