Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Banner Day

This day can just wank it! Seriously, I'm ready for my book (ohhh new JR Ward book is in my greedy little hands), bath and a glass of wine. Too bad it ain't gonna happen cause of the tween. She is grating my last nerve! But I wuv her..............

So tonight is a typical Wed night. I commute home jamming out to my music in traffic, grab Duch from after-school (I miss my nanny damn it), get home, throw everything down, fix a soda and review homework and paper folders (yeah cause mid week is the perfect day for papers to come home right?). Then normally, we eat quickly and if it's my turn to carpool the kids, I grab my friends kids and drop tweens off at youth and little ones at awanas then hit up errands like groceries, gassing cars, etc.

Except today, roadblocks like I'm driving in Tulsa, the city of perpetual construction! Dayum. Prin got busted taking pics with her buddies and posting them via her friends smartphone on facebook during pe (busted by her mom who is her fb friend, duh) and while that may seem trival, it's just not cool in this house where school is first and foremost about the grades little missy! Then she whips out some science work and very calmly announces that all 8 pages of questions are due tomorrow. Then after trying to fib and whine her way out of it admits that the shit was given to them Friday but she didn't want to do it on her weekend off. Ex-squeeze me? Duck that crap. She also has some english due and a history test.

Fed'em sandwiches, loaded up the car........ then promptly sent Duch back inside for her awanas shirt and book to find that she has lost her brand new never used awanas book. Ummmm no. So we trashed her room, no book. We left emptyhanded. Grabbed friends kids (I can now brag that I can buckle in a carseat in under 34 seconds) and get to church. We were only 7 minutes late, cause I have to do the speed limit when I have precious cargo.

Dropped tweens off at their building in the rear of the property, dropped Duch off at tnt class with a reminder not to talk anyone to death and parked to walk in Boo who is four and my bff. Except Boo wanted me to stay and go to cubbies with her. After finally prying Boo off my leg and running for the hall, I round the corner and promptly fall into the old off duty cop with a huge gun holstered to his leg. Awkward. Untangled self, apologized and complimented his piece (really nice custom grip!) and ran for the parking lot like the hounds of hell were on my heels. Boo is dangerous. A few tears and I'm ready to sign over my life insurance to her, it's scary.

So now we're home and after re-cleaning her room, Duch found her awanas book in a play backpack. Clothes laid out, she run through the H4G economy carwash (aka faster shower on earth) and into bed. But not before she ate half my dinner, damn shouldn't have put that sausage in my omelet.

So I'm left with Prin. Her punishment was simple: I made her post on her facebook account that she is grounded from fb for a week. Public humiliation for one? Yes please. Then I changed the password. Cause I'm smart like that yo! Then to be safe, I took her laptop. Ha! And then changed the password on my laptop, louder ha!

So I"m ready for bed needing some serious sleep yet here I sit. Watching the tween yawn and drool over the science work........ "only 2 more questions mom" yep and then there's the english babe and the history study guide. Ya Mule Ya. See, she won't be going to bed until it's all done. And she'll be getting up usual time in the morning. And after school, she has running practice with her team. So lesson will be learned the hard way, through little sleep and some serious exercise. :) Mom is always right kiddo.

I can't count the times she said tonight "I'm never doing this crap again" under her breath.

Well pumpkin, that is the point, now isn't it?