Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, September 9, 2011

Date Nite Recap

So Dave was in for a long long weekend for Labour Day. It was great. The kids got lots of daddy time and we had some parents time, nice. I even took 1.5 days off work to guarantee that time too! So he got in just in time to see the kids in from school then off to softball practice we went. Friday we put the kids on the bus and had a whole day together! Then pick my arse up off the floor the guy had arranged for friends to watch the kids overnight and we went on a real date. As in get dressed up, had dinner, hit the country club date. It's been YEARS! I'm not sure what prompted this action but I'll take it!

We played pool, we ran into a coworker and his date, we all played pool, then we danced! He hasn't really twirled me across a dance floor and grinned at me like that in a while, it's hard to connect like that when you are surrounded by careers, kids and life huh? But it was pretty damn good. At 11, we left and giggled our way through grocery shopping at Walmart before finally getting home and crashing. It was great.

We left when they stopped playing country and started playing ICE ICE BABY, and a Richard Gere lookalike with long white hair was burning up the dance floor! OMGawd, my eyes!

True I needed an ice pack the next morning, damn bum knee I forgot to wear my brace! But it was great.

Nice to feel like I'm "dating" my husband sometimes.