Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, January 12, 2009

The LIttle Dog That Could

After an exhausting Monday, I came home to find Murphy happy as a clam in his new "room", bought to keep him contained lovingly without putting him in his crate. So far so good.....

So while chatting to my girl as usual, I took him for a walk to do his business.

Except four boys on skateboards were going by the house and waiting on the corner for a straggler.

Murphy went nuts.

So instead of choking him, I gave him some slack thinking he'd get a little closer and bark....

Except he jumped his leash.

Somehow getting off the leash and running hellbent to eat him some good little Utah boys.

OMGawd......

I can only imagine how I looked running down the street after the dog, in my work clothes, long black work coat flapping, pearls shinning in my ears, screaming my lungs out.....

"Murphy, don't *&&^%&* eat them......NO NO NO NO Murphy NO NO NO NO...(*&%$#&"

Finally realizing in mere seconds that I was doing no good....I tried something else.....

"Boys, RUN, RUN, he's off the leash, he's small but he BITES"

They looked very unconcerned except the closer he got, the louder he barked and he just looked like a little devil on wings.

So they ran, and he chased.........and I chased......

Until I got smart......

"TREAT"

He beat me to the backdoor.

I'm going to take a soak in the tub.......GAWD