Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Early Mornings

Duchess has taken to waking up the past two mornings when The Man's alarm goes off at 445. This means that I've taken to waking up at 445. She gets in my bed and squirms and shifts and finally says "Can I get up now?"

It's killing me.

But as I sit here watching it snow again, temp hovering at 7 degrees, I remember how I wore a sweater year round in San Diego. This could explain why I have a tendency to layer up and look like the kid from the Christmas Story anytime I leave my 70 degree house. I'm not a cold weather person. At all. But cold weather we got, seems alot worse this year than the previous winter I spent here in Ooootah.

So yesterday we started a new schedule. 8-5 for me still, but karate schedules have changed so instead of picking up kids and being home by 545, Princess now starts karate at 545. Crap. This means that I'm stuck there for 45 minutes while she does thing. Which is cuter than hell, but come on, three days a week I'm not walking in my door till 645. The Man gets home at 710-ish and dinner was just starting. I finally hit the bed last night at 1010 and I tell you, I was dragging. Running nonstop.

Biology book arrived yesterday. Class starts on Saturday. Wondering where I'm gonna hit in time on Monday and Tuesdays now. Tonight I'm planning on dinner being easy. I'm throwing a roast in the crockpot this morning. Hopefully things will go faster.

So since weather is bad, can't make it home for lunch anymore to unkennel Murphy for a trip outside and lunch. The Man and I decided to leave him out yesterday for the entire day. In our house, with full privilidges. He met me at the door and was so happy so proud, no accidents at all. Unless you count the cookbook he pulled off the shelf and ate. Then there is the pair of 150 Rocky boots of The Man's that he had for dessert. Not good. Going to try and leave him in the master bath today. Hopefully that will be easier for him. Wonder if he gets overwhelmed with so much time and no supervision. Poor little guy. But it's only two days a week so he'll figure something out. Luckily his cuteness saved him and The Man gave in to his cute little pink tongue and blue eyes last night, instead of serving him up as BBQ.

Both girls started back school with a bang. We've got book reports coming up and homework out the yang but I do love a schedule. Last night we got everything done and I had time to read Biscuit with Duchess before bed. Her reading is really coming along smoothly. What run to watch. They are getting so big and so smart.

My roast is on, the house is clean, the laundry is mostly done and I'm off to get ready for work. Power to the peeps! Hope you have a fabulous day. Sleep in some for me.