Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Resolutions

I've let some habits slip away from me and so for my new years resolution I have decided to pick some up:

1. Painting my finger nails. Once upon a time, I'd paint them to match a color I was planning to wear the next day. I keep them short and tidy but it's the details!

2. Fixing my hair. I think that is details enough. I vow to not pin it up every day of the week and then stick it under a ballcap on the weekends.

3. Shave my legs. Sorry Case, I know you just threw up a little in your mouth there.

4. Exercise, a long forgotten word, but hey twister with the kids totally counts.

5. Wear one NOT black outfit at least once a week.

6. Teach my children to flush the potty after they use it. This is super important lately.

7. Make my bed every morning before I get dressed. I'm putting my right foot forward.

8. Speak my mind: living in Utah has begun to turn me too conservative and I'm not talking politics cause I'm a repub all the way folks. Hey Brad!!! Miss our political talks!

9. Honey catches more flies!!!! My girlfriend here calls it my "southern charm", I call it sweet talking my way into getting MY way. Case in point, instead of calling and yelling at the city manager when they forgot to plow the 7 feet of snow off my street, I turned on the honey. But it's been awhile so I kinda went overboard, my kid was totally rolling her eyes after that call. But not only have they plowed my street everyday since, I got a very nice voicemail from said manager promising to continue. Honey baby, honey!

10. I vow to wear clothing that actually fits me. Since my health stuff and losing the extra weight I'd gained, I tend to wear my 2 sizes too big clothing. Mental note: stop that. Plus must remember that just because breasts are illegal in Utah, it's okay to have a slight, tiny bit of cleavage (too much is not proper for a good southern girl, ask my grandmother). The totally over-the-top modest is hottest crap is seeping in. Parish the thought!

11. Stop house hunting online in other states. Deal with fact that I'm stuck in Utah. Embrace it, but not too much, or even to a comfortable level, oh never mind. At least my momma is down the street, that makes it okay.

12. Call my grandmother once a week.

13. Print some of the 12000 pictures on my digital camera and put them in albums, I suck at this. I miss regular cameras and the days of film canisters laying all over. At least at some point, I'd gather them up and turn them in.

14. Shock my husband: I don't think I've shocked my husband in over 2 years. So I think I'll start by not wearing his clothes to bed, maybe even pull out a nightgown or flannel pjs. He thinks I'm hot when I wear my flannels! Classy I am! Also #3 wouldn't hurt either.....2 birds, 1 stone.

So since I have quite the list to work on........what did you resolve to do?