Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, January 11, 2009

He's Coming to the Dark Side!

That hot sexy man that I have shared my life with for 12 years now is slowly but surely coming over to the dark side. Can I just say that there are fewer things in life as satisfactory than woo-ing someone over to your side of things.

Every Saturday morning (that I'm not a complete slacker and sleep till 1) we field day our house. In normal peep terms, we clean the holy crap out of it.

So after a leisure sleep in till 8, we got up and had a big breakfast. Then I sat down to make everyone's list. Then sit them out on the countertop next to the bell. Everytime the kids finish a chore, they ding and The Man or I go check it to make sure they are done. Then they check it off and move on.

So Duchess's list had some of these chores:
- clean your bedroom
- strip your sheets
- tidy your bathroom
- put shoes in everyone's closet

Princess, similar except she has recently graduated to cleaning the bathroom:
- both bathrooms
- strip your sheets
- tidy livingroom
- vacuum

The Man's list:
- wash dog
- rearrange basement in prep for inspection
- tidy garage

My intention was to clean the kitchen, sweep/mop everything, remake beds and then clean all the windows.

Instead after stepping outside and coming back in, the girls were hysterical with laughter and informed me that "Daddy made your list momma".

Huh?

This from the same man, who regularly eats (yes you read that right), eats the list whenever I dare to leave him one when it's not field day.

So I carefully ventured over and checked my "list"

Mom:
- Dry dog
- assist in rearranging the basement
- assist in tidying the garage
- clean out your nasty car

Like I said, I'm totally drawing him over to the darkside........so very tasty!

And in retailation I added just another little chore to his list......

- Service the wife

And unlike his first impression, I'm planning on making him rearrange my bedroom. Every last piece of furniture and picture.......sigh

The whims of a wife