Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, January 22, 2009

No Words......

No Words describe this evening. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

So after a medicated coma of a workday, I rush home cause today is The Man's birthday. Since he'd cooked his own dinner, I'm lucky that we have a date planned tomorrow night with dinner, movie and naked time (sorry mom). But I hit the door to the wiggly dog who missed me and needed loving, Duchess who was full of mystery person news, Princess who had school gossip and The Man looking like he needed some of my mind numbing cold pills. I was exhausted before I hit the door. Pity me. I am a big ole baby when I'm sick, and I'm slightly dramatic too. :)

So we rushed through dinner so Princess could make karate. Then Duchess and I made her "covered in princess and flower stickers, pictures, and doodles" poster for her mystery person day. The Man and I had a brief chance to catch up and then it was homework time for everyone. Duchess and I finished first, so we gamely cleaned the kitchen while The Man re-taught Princess division. Sucks.

In the midst of running around crazy, I noticed that Wiki was dead.

Or should I say Wiki 2 was dead. Floating. A floater. In the middle of the coffee table. Not cool.

The Man immediately corals children in their rooms and starts winterizing himself for a quick trip to the store, when I tried to be a realist, which sooooo doesn't come natural to me.

"They are old enough, death happens, let's deal with it"

Famous last words.

An hour and a half later, they have cried themselves to sleep, we've promised them EACH a new wiki to be here before they get home from school and The Man keeps reminding me that NOW was not the best time to be real.

No shit.

We had a memorial service, then buried him in the backyard.

What the heck was I thinking?