Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mean meaning for productive...

So lightening struck my house today. I actually "crafted" something. This is highly unusual for me. I'm NOT an artsy crafty person at all. Does not happen. I have no excuse. I got this idea and just had to follow through the inspiration.

So this is a tiled photo within a huge deep frame. I have to only figure out how to permanently attach the tiles to the back of the frame and hang it. I'm in love with it. I'm wondering if it's good enough to do and make as presents........Christmas presents? Cause after 3 hours figuring it out, I can knock this baby out in an hour. Whew!

Turn your head and take a peek at the unframed version........

That came from this photo..........Aren't they just adorable? I almost forget the sheer amount of vinegar in these kids when I look at this pic. My coworker was by yesterday and after 15 minutes with them, she tells me that they are exactly like me but like me on crack. Wow, thanks.

All this creativity prompted Princess to start on her Indian project due next week. This is our Indian campground. A barbie horse, some bamboo skewers and a little beef jerky with paper mountains in the background. Soon they'll be a teepee and some corn too........
She don't get this from me. I was seriously following directions as the thoughts hit her. Tie this, skewer this, tape this...........aye Captain, arggggh.
So today I woke up early with a strange feeling.........I think its called, I am ahead of my schoolwork and don't have to spend most of the day slugging through accounting problems (did you know if you buy an adding machine from Wal-mart that you can't destroy it no matter how many times you throw it, and now I have to paint a spot on my door, damn it).
So I cleaned my house. De-junked my junk drawers, cleaned my oven. Then high on fumes from said oven, I did the art project. Obviously the Great Value Oven Cleaner for $1.97 in lemon scent is to blame.
School Update:
Accounting: A
Psych: A
Two weeks to go before Christmas break.......
After break:
Biology 2
Peace Out:
Hope4Grace