Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, December 15, 2013

Cue the sad song.....

Well we survived vacation. We then survived all the school work the kids needed to catch up on. We survived the blizzard. We then managed to get back into the daily groove. Dave is snowed under at work so poor guy is busy as hell. We promptly got home and picked out a tree for our house. Except our sweet little rental house here has a tiny little livingroom. And I keep it stuffed with shit already.... let see. Two leather recliners, a loveseat, a huge ass tv armoire, a sweet little red cabinet for games and books, and two side tables oh and don't forget the tall narrow cabinet that is snuggly in the corner. So how in the world was I gonna fit in a big ass fresh tree.... well we arranged like crazy women and we made room to put it firmly in the front picture window. Then we decorated with lights and flowers. Oh I so dearly love seeing the sweet girls get so excited decorating and having a good time together. So we made it work. Except all that fun furniture moving, well I busted my shoulder up. Again. So I got smart and went ahead and seen the doc. So there's so long term damage (hello softball) on my shoulder anchor. Fun stuff. But for now, a big ass shot of good shit straight into my join. Always a fun time. Except gag me with a freaking fork cause they shoved that shit deep into my damn shoulder.... omg. That sweet nurse had to pretty much lay ontop of me to keep me still while the doc shoved that thing home. Good grief. Gaaaaag. Why in the world am I falling apart? Okay so no lifting weights, so I'll get back to treadmill only. Gonna have wimpy weiner flabby arms. Fun! I have to admit that this freaking Christmas is my favorite so far. My kids are amazeballs. Their list this year is very small. Somehow over the years, they have picked up the idea that life isn't about stuff. Not entirely sure how that happened but I'm a blessed mom. These babies are amazing. They are excited about sharing time together and doing something as a family. Good grief. So we're anticipating a laid back, fun Christmas focusing on the real meaning this year.... good stuff.