Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, May 3, 2009

Spring came to Utah

Oh how I love me some spring. I never realized that until we moved to this God-forsaken place, but spring is my heart. I love it almost as much as Fall, which is my soul. (Don't blame me, I'm on meds, hence I'm poetic and sappy, kill me now)

But the good news: my yard is blooming..........

No sign of black thumb death anywhere, just tiny little blooms and purty colors. I'm all atwitter. I must say that in the two + years since we moved here, I've never spent this much time outside, but I'm feeling it these days. I have missed it more than I realized. San Diego was climate perfection and I must say that I throughly enjoyed my years there. We were never inside, always enjoying the outdoors. My laundry was always behind and the kitchen was always dirty. Who cares. In Texas, it was too freaking hot to be outside, same backed up chores. I can't wait to blow this popcicle stand but I must say, I'm gonna enjoy it now, cause I have a yard that needs my help. As long as I wear gloves!

Being so far from my bayou home, I have searched high and low looking for plants that remind me of home. Hello honeysuckle.......(and yes, I'm too tired to rotate pics). I planted two vines this afternoon between showers. Since bees frequent these heavenly smelling creatures, I planted them under bedroom windows where our screens will keep them out, but let the smell in. Yum. I planted pine trees too, boy can you see the look on peeps faces in 15 years when those bad boys are 100 ft tall, lol. In the desert......woop wooop.

The good news is that the sprinklers work dude. OMGawd.......it's perfect. And I did it, I did the whole dancing in the sprinklers dance. Yet another thing to add to the neighbor's list of why I am an unappropriate neighbor. (added perk there)

Beautiful!


And since I'm getting my yard in order, it was time to get my kitchen udpated as well. I have been cooking on the same Wareever set of cookware my mom gave me when I got married. 12 years ago. Professional, heavy duty stuff there peeps. Except, I was down to a pot and a skillet. If you cook as much as me, you need more. So I broke down and got a whole new set. These babies are so stinking purty and they cook like a DREAM. Hello.

Did I mention they match my cabinets and are dishwasher safe? Have you noticed that I have serious obsessive problems?

And the fruit of my labor? A GF carrot cake, glorious stolen (borrrowed?) and adjusted for GF cooking from Country Girl.
In other news, I've been hit from every side with issues lately: med stuff, trying to get used to contacts for my new presciption, and school stuff, but thanks to my peeps (read: my mom) who is praying me through. What does not kill us makes us stronger. I've really been avoiding my blog lately because it's hard now that so many in-my-life people know me as Hope4Grace that I find myself hesistant to put stuff out there. So I'm struggling with the need for privacy and the need to vent and write it out of my system, which is what this blog was created for. Do you share all your life on your blog?