Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, May 31, 2008

Oh baby.......


Last night with about eight of my closest friends, I went and saw Sex and the City. OMG, I'm a huge fan. 1. Because they talk as honestly and curse as freely as I do.........."Hello, I'm talking here d*ckhead" 2. Because I love to look at labels but never buy them and wouldn't if I could and 3. Well it's just the best show and I've always loved it.

So I must say, even though some of the reviews werent great, I was so game for this. There were three men in the theatre, one in front of me. So when the p*nis shot just slammed right up there on the big screen, the theatre went nuts, except the man in front of me who was trying to climb under his seat, while asking his wife "have you seem the popcorn, maybe it's waaaay back far under here" poor bastard.

How I would love to live in NYC and walk everywhere, be thin, have four amazing friends who live nearby and didn't require me to actually email or call them. Just to see them all the time. Oh and curse as freely as I want, wait, I do that one already......nevermind.

Now there was one part of the movie that I just had to tell The Man all about. (no spoilers here really, I'm trying........hard) and because my mom is out of town on vacation, I feel comfortable sharing this part with you.

I was explaining to The Man this scene and told him that I would one day recreate it, laying nekkid on the diningroom table covered in sushi for his birthday. He digs sushi, I can't stand it, so I think it's saying something. Don't you?

His response was yeah right, you'd never do that. You would totally have to wrap it in bacon and deep fry it. My immediate mental picture was oh me laying nekkid on my diningroom table covered in crispy eggrolls, fried shrimp and hot pockets, with grease rolling down the side to congeal on the floor.

Yeah, it's just not the same image huh?