Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Vacation Interrupted

We'll return to normal programing tomorrow when I have access to my camera....dirty, &*^%$# thing is trying to die on me. Until then, I'll leave you with some thoughts and words of wisdom.

1. "Mommy, it looks like a storm, we should hurry home cause lighting with eletratoot you"

2. Taking a poll....have you ever inadvertently blew snot on someone? This past weekend, I was curled up on the bed next to The Man and we were fighting over the remote when I told him I needed a tissue and he said something totally inappropriate and funny. I actually blew snot all over his top lip...........OMG, I may never be the same again. I don't think that 12 plus years together is long enough for that to be cool............again, OMG!

3. Hi, I'm *^%$ (my real name but you can call me Hope4Grace), and I'm a total OCD, anal retentive personality. I can't help it, I've always been this way. Check my pantry, it's like little soldiers lined up in total perfection! My point is, I don't do last minute. It completely blows my mind and sends me into a tailspin........ask Casey, she'll tell you, *^%& and spontaneity do not go well together. Therefore, today was HELL. I am on my way to bed with a pounding headache because my darling oldest child, Princess has managed to fry my circuits not once, or twice but three times. A) Mom! I lost my cell phone........OMG, 30 minutes later, never mind it was in my jacket.......... B) MOM! Tomorrow is choir taping for the DVD, I will die unless I have black dress pants to wear with my NOT DRESSY at all green choir t-shirt..........OMG, hello Target (no pants), Walmart (no pants), IHOP (cause I was hungry) and Kohls (thank you Jesus, pants!) and my favorite C) MOMMMMMMMMMMY! I think I killed WIKI, instead of food Duchess wasn't looking and instead put some of your face powder in his water.........Okay, at this point I totally forgot all about this and all I could think was CRAP that powder was the expensive stuff! But I quickly managed to clean his bowl and he breathes still, at least he is right now, we'll see by morning.

4. We are house hunting, again. Sigh........need I say more........

5. Dear Lord, Please give me the strength to face any adversity that comes my way, be it last minute drama, wasted expensive makeup that I knew better to buy, house hunting for the *perfect* house or managing it all without The Man whom I've grown quite attached to since we left the military. I ask Lord that you guide my steps and that you show me my path. I know Lord that there are times when I push and push and mess up a blessing before it can be wonderful, then I get minimal results. I pray Lord for sleep without waking at 4 am to the blast of illegal duck hunters. I thank you Lord for my friends who keep me sane and my family (hi mom) who stay sane in spite of me. I lift up my worries and doubts to you, because you alone can handle anything.

6. I hope everyone! had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Back in action tomorrow peeps.