Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, May 25, 2008

Another Chapter

The Man and I have had a heck of a ride. We've been together a long time and we haven't killed each other yet. Our journey together started in the midwest, through the Great Lakes area (thank you boot camp), southern sunny California, dry arse middle of freaking nowhere Texas, back to sunny Cali and then we left the comfort blanket that was the military. We willingly gave up our woobie. It was madness.

What made us do it? Our kids. And the desire to spend everyday with one another verses precious few days of a year. So here we are......quite close to exactly 1.5 years after the military.

We've done well for ourselves. We see each other everyday. My children have grown in confidence that can only come from being with their dad all the time. We have made these snowy mountains our homes, hell we've even imported some cajuns to keep us company....hi mom!

This past Friday on my 31st birthday we reached another big milestone.........
We've decided to settle some roots in this beautiful, strange, place.........

We signed papers for our very first house........as in we pay the mortgage, not rent.......
HOLY SHIT!
So until we close sometime in the next 15 days, I'll be keeping my pictures to myself....cause I'm still not sure it's real. I'm still pinching myself.......and laying with my face on the floor thanking the Lord that he blessed us!
Now I'm gonna go price blinds.......we need lots of blinds for the house.....