Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day 2 - Vacation

Day 2 wasn't neary as busy as the rest of my trip. The Man had class till early afternoon so I began my day by sleeping in......yum.......it was as good as it sounds. Until I woke up in a panic at the thought of missing the free breakfast.....I love me some free.

After breakfast, I was full of waffles and sausage so I came back and laid on this loveseat and watched some talk shows. Then I caught Dreams Girls, that was a good movie. Go Effie. Then I painted my toes and washed my hair. Then it was only 11 so I went looking for things to do.

The hotel suite was the bestest ever. I never travel but I'm a Marriott girl now! See the little pink fans made out of napkins? I spent 30 minutes trying to recreate those, I can now do that at my house for any fancy dinner parties........are you done laughing yet?

Then it was only 12 so I took a nap. The bed was quite nice. I finally got up and put my face on, did my hair (kinda) and got ready to meet The Man for a little jaunt. No nap for him, it's not his vacation.

While on our jaunt, we saw these seals. Quite fat lazy seals who just lay in the sun and bark really loud. Sounds like the perfect life for me. At this point, I had bought some San Fran crap and was now ready to go back to the hotel, via a Barnes & Nobles store.......vacations should always include new reading materials.

But we had to take some pics first.....Hi Fisherman's Wharf behind The Man.....who is holding my loot bag, isn't he a doll........Such a great guy, an outstanding example to everyone.....

Maybe not now.......Busted with a ciggie, in public................for shame.......! My only excuse for the prune face is I'm on vacation and my hair is a rats nest cause I was too lazy to dry it.
The rest of my day was spent stuffing my face at the seafood restuarant where our waiter wound up praying for our souls. Poor bastard waiter. Then we saw Iron Man, woohoo, I love a good movie.
Day 3 is the bestest ever! Stay tuned......