Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I'm THAT mom

So I just printed my receipt. :) Giddy happy feelings abound. My kids will hate me but it's that time again. I just ordered their homeschooling materials for the summer. See, I really enjoyed homeschooling my babies but they need the social interactions of regular school. So this summer, I'm gonna get a little of both.

Princess is in pre-alegbra and her teacher this year was just crap. Sorry but it's true. I hate to be that way but my kid had a math teacher who just assigned stuff out of the book without explanation or reason then scanned them it to grade. She missed alot of concepts that she will need. So we're doing pre-algebra again, the A Beka way. This summer. No tests, just the workbooks and the answer key/teaching guide so I can help her learn it.

Duchess is a straight A student. However, English is a challenge for her. She hates the whole proper sentence thing and fights to get her tenses right. So since Prin is in it for math, Duchess is getting some Language Arts.

I've done the figuring and it'll require 1 hour and 15 minutes of their time each day. Not too bad if I do say so myself.

Now, when the books come out and we get started? Well I'm sure that's gonna go over like poop in a punch bowl but they'll figure it out.

Now to resist the urge to sign them up for that second language program I found on the computer..... cause I'd really like to take it with them. Hmmmmmmmm

Gonna stay busy this summer, are we!