Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

I gots me some sneaky little kids. Duchess wrote me this lovely letter: "Dear Mom, I love you and I know this is not much but Happy Mother's Day. I am sorry this is all I can give you" .... Okay when I finished crying I went and snuggled up next to her and had me some mommy, kiddo time. My sweet little angel just doesn't get it, the thought alone made me a very spoiled, happy mommy. I'm a very blessed mommy.

Princess and Other kid (She's staying with me while her momma and daddy spend their 20 year anniversary in Cabo, sweet) pulled quite the mission last night. They stayed up making signs, locked in their bedroom. I awoke this morning to my door completely decorated with the coolest signs on eart. Each letter drawn from something in my house. Here's the impressive part. These sweet children, waited till I was asleep. This was quite the feat. See, I can't sleep till the house is silent and kids are sleeping. So everytime they tried to sneak upstairs, I'd hear them and get up to check the house. They gave up and went to sleep. Then at 400 am they got up, snuck upstairs to quickly decorate the door, but they woke up Murphy. So when I staggered up to take him outside, they ran back downstairs. So when I finally crawled out of bed this morning, all I could think was "sweet children, thank god I didn't hear them and shoot them".

Happy Mother's Day to each and every one of you.