Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, December 8, 2011

Just Me, the Dog, and the Deer

So the kids are in school quite a bit during regular school week, so once the bright yellow bus pulls away and the sun rises over the extremely tall mountain to my east.... well it's just me, Murphy and the local deer. There are about seven that like to hang out between my and my neighbors (who aren't full time residents) and the road. It's quiet as a church mouse... normally. Except this morning, the cows down the valley were raising hell. And being a canyon really, every moo was echo-ed about seven times. It was hysterical and I'm pretty sure Murphy and I wasted about an hour sitting outside on the deck being amused. We are so strange creatures. I swear that dog smiles. He doesn't talk yet so don't call anyone.

But I was a productive beast today. I finished unpacking the downstairs boxes and got them all put away. I cleaned both pellet stoves and lugged the 40 lbs bags to fill them up. I vaccummed the whole house. I did about seventeen loads of laundry and put in said rooms. I made all beds. I recruited for three hours. I shaved my legs. I cleaned the toliets and tubs. I made a bbq brisket. I scrubbed the stairs. I listened to a ton of inappropriate music. I went to town and mailed Boo's birthday present. I got a fountain coke (yummy!) and I dropped by the school to help out with the preparations for Duchesses' upcoming Christmas pageant. I visited with her new teacher for a progress update. I also did not get the nap I wanted. Oh well, tomorrow I'm so sleeping in. Cause the kids have Fridays off yo. I will b lazy if it kills me.

But man I do so enjoy that quiet time all to myself. It's yummy.

Soooooooo I now have great wireless internet and satelite but I haven't turned the tv on so I couldn't tell you how that is working out, lol. Plus I moved the tv downstairs into the family room of this place so there is NO TV on the main floor at all. WOW, I love it.

Oh and the highlight of my day: learning that the school serves chicken baked steak. WTF? That just sounds gross. But I rock so I made bacon wrapped asparagus and mashed Idaho taters with my bbq brisket..... so bow down and give me my due! Oh and apple crisp is bubbling in the oven....... I kick the school lunch's butt. Hands down. (and frankly if I didn't, someone should take away my extremely cute kitchen and kick my ass)