Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Strolling ....

There are times when the house is quiet and I'm working away when I have my music on shuffle. It's rare but occasionally I get hit by a bus. You never see it coming but it's those brief little walks down memory lane.

Every memory I have is somehow tied to a song. I think it's pretty clear now that I'm a huge music junkie and my tastes are wide and varied. My ipod is an eclectic jumble of things that make me happy and probably looks like itunes threw up to anyone else. I don't care, it makes me happy.

So I'm sitting here humming along minding my own business when a song comes on. It brings tears to my eyes. And since I'm a step or two on memory lane, I just switch over to the playlist set aside for those moments. It's a audio scrapbook of my life to date.

The highs.

The lows.

The possible wrong turns that turned out to be necessary.

The amazing blessings that make my heart soar.

But I think it's good to briefly touch base with what made you the way you are. So while I won't waller around in there, I will stroll through briefly. Just enough to get a smile on my lips.

Tonights stroll was an instant throwback to a roadtrip I wasn't suppose to be on, one that I'd have gotten strangled for and looking back, one that I learned a big ole lesson on. It wasn't often that I threw caution to the wind back in the old days (yeah, hard to believe right?) but before I found my voice I walked a very straight and narrow line. Except there were a few little hopping skippy steps I may have missed. This was one. That song brings back the smell of asphalt in the air, the feel of a hot sticky night so unbearable we had all the windows down and had every limb possible sticking out the windows trying to catch a breeze even if it meant fighting off the bugs. Bon Jovi was blaring and we were sanging and the world was frozen for a little while. No worries, no stress, no drama.... just being.

God I love that song.

It's a good one for strolling.........