Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, December 19, 2011

Makes My Heart Hurt

It's times like these that I'm reminded that I DO have a heart.

It's a tough morning for me, not me personally but because my heart is bleeding for someone that was close to me once, someone that I care about even if I can't be close friends with, someone that is a friend just in a different sense of the word.

She lost her husband last night to a work accident.

All I can be thankful for is that the family was together the morning before, attending church together and spending those little moments that seem so small and unimportant but really are everything.

It reminds me of how much I have to be thankful for, how much my life is a blessing straight from God and to cherise each and every one of these little moments.

I have no idea what this family will do, all I can do is send my prayers, thoughts, and messages of love.

Still my heart is bleeding this morning for them, the children involved and the woman left to stand alone.

Take a minute to say an unspoken prayer for my friend, she is facing hell right now and needs them badly.