Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, December 2, 2011

Life in Idaho

Well we're settling in nicely, I think. Okay that is a total lie: I'm not settled in at all, lol. I have the main floor pretty put together but there are still crap to hang on the walls and boxes to figure out where it'll go. I'm behind on laundry. The kids need curtains hung and I've yet to find my curtains for my bedroom. But we did pull a cool parent move: we gave the kids the whole lower level. True they have to deal with parents coming through to the storage area and laundry but the rest is kid city. They have a huge livingroom with their own wood stove to keep it toasty, they also have the huge tv down there (mental note: get bean bags stat), they have their own rooms and a shared bathroom. I swore I'd never do that but ummm I kinda like having a kid free zone. Does that make me a sucky parent? Please remember that I have a almost 13 and almost 9 year old and they are both girls. So sue me, the main floor livingroom is kid free. There is no tv even. GASP. Dave and I decided that between the wall to wall windows and the fireplace there is plenty to look at. Plus we read like some people take zanex so it works for us. And if you are a zanex taker, sorry.

Anyway, so my bedroom is all set up on the main floor. Except I'm living out of boxes. The guest room is nothing but a sea of boxes since we shitcanned the cheap ass bookcases. I have cases of books that need a home. Need bookshelves stat. Thinking of seeing if there is someone local who can build me some. Since Dave won't buy me a table saw. Sigh. I'm so mistreated, no power tools for me. Anyway, it's cold as hell here. Seriously, frigid and the locals are running around without a jacket while I"m looking like the Stay Puff marshmellow girl at the post office.

The post office, that's another funny story. Yesterday I went into town to get my keys and see about my mail. They greeted me by name at the door. My first time there. Seems everyone in town knows us and they've never met us but since nobody ever moves here, we stand out. lol. Holy crap that was creepy. AND the liquor store didn't open until the afternoon so there was no rum in my future. Crapola. Monday I'm so getting my little bottle of rum. And since there is no Sonic in 30 mile radius, I've made friends with the lady at the only gas station in town. They are suitable fountain drinks. It gives me a reason to leave the house. So I check the mail and get a fountain coke everyday. That is my extent of leaving the house. Proud? Go me.

Tomorrow the kids and I have a trip into the big city planned though as we need to hit up the Sams and buy our bulk crapola. It's fun times I tell you!!!!!

Okay, I have work to do and Prin is having a friend over for the day. Yeah, remember they have a four day school week here. And already a friend over, holy crap she is on top of things. Oh yeah, and Duchess is pouting since she doesn't have a friend lined up yet to come over. Kill me now. Looks like I'll be playing Clue with her for the next four hours to keep her happy.

Later.