Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas 2011 ~ Griswald Style

So the holiday season is in full swing here in Griswald land! We are thrilled and blessed to be spending the entire holiday together, no waiting on Dave to fly in and me having help with every step of the process. I am getting a little spoiled that way, but I like having a full time partner again. I think he's kinda digging it tooo......

So without too much ado, here's a breakdown on the last few days.

 Sleepy Santa passing out the goodies. Since we wanted to make the 10 am church service that means up and at it early this morning. I can't remember a Christmas when Dave had to get everyone up and literally drag us all into the livingroom for presents. :) Having older kids rock! And having so much family that bless my kids with gifts made this quite the ordeal. The tree threw up all over my house good grief.

 The duckie is back! Slippers and houserobes were a must for my girls in this weather. Plus a gentle reminder that we do have a full time guy in the house so no naked streaking after showers. We b a bunch of nuts around here.

 Prin got her an ipod touch and frankly the kid was bouncing off the ways. So excited for her latest big girl deal. Plus since it was also her birthday and she's now a TEEN, 13 to be exact, we got all the stuff she needs to make her room TEENy. Pics later from that end, Dave is hanging stuff in there as we speak.

 Not sure where she got this tutu but it's the most adorable thing ever and we had to bribe her NOT to wear it to church. The kid racked up on toys. Mainly because she still loves to play and before we moved, she donated so much of her toys to the local Goodwill or church. Big hearted kids get rewards!

 The teen and Murphy checking out the new bedding for the new teen room. You can also see the cool telescope my mom got them this year. We have so many stars and constallations visable on top of our mountain!!!

 Santa brought them an activity table for the gameroom but otherwise between us and the family, my kids were spoilt rotten. Good lord.

 All the kids! Murphy got a new rubber chicken. He found it yesterday before I wrapped it, literally dragging the Petco bag out of hiding and around the house trying to get me to open it. So when I boxed and wrapped it, he then started dragging around his wrapped present, lol. Smart booger. But it was a hit!

 And since it is colder than crap here (-2 this morning) and still dark (beware coyotes), Prin taking the boy out also requires a parent with a pistol going out too. Never realized that living so far in the boonies would require me to have a handgun on my hip anytime I'm in the yard, mercy!

 So last night, we celebrated the kids' 13th and it was a blast. She wanted a GF cake and in all my articulate nature, I decorated it accordingly.

 Sissy got her a hoodie, Daddy got her a gorgeous necklace with a Murphy dog charm and I got her a Twilight book, now that she's PG 13 official. She is so excited. That book is glued to her hands. So glad I held off on letting her read it till now.

 With all the excitement, Murphy was feeling left out. He was pouting all snuggled up to the couch. Poor boy. He hates when the kids get something and he gets nothing. Spoilt rotten dog.

 The beautiful plant given by a new friend here in Idaho, well I'm struggling to keep it alive. It's tougher than it seems, I swear. My next degree after my MBA is def gonna be in raising plants I think.

 So when you have a long day and your tummy hurts and you have a guy like Dave, you get treated to dinner out at the little local diner rather than cooking. The rents (no makeup, so shut it).

 Friday was a full day of parental shopping. Just me and him. We had a blast. And I conned him into trying on a hat but he's a ball cap kinda of guy now I guess. I'm totally saving this pic though, yummy.


 When it's daylight, we all take turns walking the boy. So Prin gets a little of the snow action too. She's 9 now and my big girl gets to take on some Murphy action.

 Did I mention she's 9? I need to post her bday pics too. We celebrated hers on the 19th and my baby just keeps growing! Here's family scrabble night. We try to have board games one night a week. She is really good at scrabble, dang it.

 So after presents were opened it was time to head into town for church. It's about an hours drive into the big TOWN (hey, it's the closest walmart so it's town, lol). My babies all prettied up and ready to worship.

 I dressed up too. Forgetting the snow on the ground, I brought out the big guns, my hell on heels. I made it into church fine holding onto Prin for dear life but coming out of church, I got the bride style carry from Dave. It was slick and I of course wore the wrong shoes. But I looked nice!!!!!!!

 See, nice. Actual makeup and slightly fixed hair. Don't fall over in shock. Wait till I put in my purple streaks for the upcoming LSU BCS game!

 View along the ride to church. This is one of the ranges that the kids will snowboard this year, their PE class has them signed up for lessons. This could be interesting.....

 When I came in to start Christmas dinner this is what I found. I'm thinking Dave got tired of the squacking chicken. I gave the kid back his toy. Bless his heart, he's so mistreated.

And mommy's christmas? Besides some awesome sweats from Victoria's Secret (I love those sweats, I have like four pairs on the pants, I live in them!) I gots a little tv/dvd combo for the kitchen. I spend so much time in there cooking now so I have soemthing to keep me entertained. Nice. Thanks to my peeps for spoiling the mommy!

So now it's time to get the dressing out of the oven and check my ham!

Merry Christmas to each and every one of you. Please remember that Jesus is our reason for the season!!!!!!