Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Roadtrip

Well no internet at the hotel making a 1350 mile trip in less than 2 days make for a busy schedule. We have landed in Oklahoma as of 1-ish last night. Exhausted isn't quite the word, but it's close.

We left SLC area around 4 pm on Sunday afternoon headed for a family visit in Oklahoma with the inlaws before moving on to Beaumont/Houston area. Bless his heart, Dave drove with both kids and the dog while I followed in my car which was packed to the roof around me. Lucky for him, the kids had so many electronics and the dog was just happy to be included that everyone were angels for the trip. I got alot of peace and quiet, it was great.

It took us three hours to hit Moab where it was a striking -4 degrees. I have never been so freaking cold in my life. This is also where the kids managed to slam the tip of my finger in the car door, causing the cuticle to bust and pour blood, it wasn't pretty. Dave found me some $8 bandaids (thanks stop and rob store) and I managed not to throw up on myself. I'm getting better!

And then pushed on through the night until we hit I-40 in Gallup NM. The hotel was crap but it was warm and accepted Murphy so I can't really complain!

Yesterday saw us make it almost all the way to the Missouri line before we got to my inlaws. Not a bad trip at all. Lots of quick stops, lots of cigs and music on my end.

All in all, I'm thrilled to be out of my car. We're resting today and will post some pics of the trip this afternoon.

Hugs and kisses,
Hope4Grace aka Road Warrior