Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day One of the Rest of My Life

Today was a really good day (Only a little bitter sweet cause I wasn't able to share it with my mom and dad). Three spare bedrooms, spread out in the house, so the girls ended up on the other side from us, this didn't last so Dave wound up snuggling with Duchess and fell asleep. I just went to bed alone and slept like a rock until Murphy woke me up by bouncing on my head, guess he needed to really go out at 8 something in the morning. Sigh.

This area recently had alot of snow which is unusual for this time of year. So man oh man, we were house bound for awhile today and it was great. A nice treat after the past two days of road rush.

I helped my MIL with her website design and then Dave and I hit the tiny local lake grocery store and surprise, they had a lot of gluten free food. Fun times. I get to eat while we're here. Spaghetti with salad for dinner and those new betty crocker gluten free cookies for dessert. I'm so freaking full, bedtime is not far off.

Dave and I also made a quick run to the town and it was crazy to realize that 13 years later we were cruising the same streets as when we started dating and became a "we".

Tomorrow is a good adventure. Not only do we get to go and see family and friends we haven't seen in years, we are taking the kids on a "mommy/daddy" memory trip. We're showing them where we lived and where we met and etc. They are so excited. And frankly, so am I.......