Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, May 4, 2009

Holy Crap here comes May...

It boggles my mind that May is upon us already. It couldn't have come fast enough when I consider how very long the snow has lasted.....cause honestly, the mountains are still covered with the white crap. But the amount of time that has flown since Christmas just amazes me.

The Man has been gone three months now. Strangely it feels much longer than when he was deployed overseas, gone for six months straight. He's been home four times already and we're getting better at just enjoying that time. Well, we enjoy that time and then we do home improvement stuff, like sod, sprinklers and starting the deck. However, I must say that the children have started to revolt. At first, they handled it like the good little military children that they were, except now, Duchess has completely declared war. She is all about the guilt factor now. Poor guy, I have to moniter her conversations so she doesn't lay it down too thick. It's not like he's having a Shrek Karoake Party down there. For the time being though, it appears that we will continue to live in two separate states while we work at meeting in the middle. So until then, we have our brand new house here, the girls and I making way in Utah while The Man is working in the oil/gas field in South Texas, working on his state license and flying home the occassional weekend. All this while still doing his school, he rocks. And he's got the red neck to go with the attitude, cause boy he doesn't ever remember the sun screen. Sexy!

Duchess sadly still hasn't mastered her last name. Dear heavens, I know it's unusual but it's not that hard. But being left-handed and there are some unusual letters in there, so I gotta give her props for trying. So right now, she's up on the bar writing it over and over and over. I've been slacking in my homeschooling efforts...dreadful of me, really. However, the kid did make the principal's list for overachievement and got her a part in the end of school program. Rocking baby girl, kick Kindergarten's arse! Look out first grade, here she comes.

Princess has put karate on hold since it's too hard on my "single-mom" schedule during the week, but we did manage to get a Saturday cheer class going. woohoo. Ain't nothing like getting up Saturday morning to her cheering and jumping around the house. If only she'd get some laundry done too, little slacker. She's working on her 12-multiplication sums right now, so she's staring daggers in the back of my head....think she knows I'm blogging? lol

Statistics can bite me. Looks like I'm gonna blow my 4.0 folks. It's so freaking painful to admit but I'm carrying a high B and I just can't seem to blow through that ceiling to an A. Dang! But can I just say, DON'T take Statistics! It's the devil.

Got some good med results this week, still waiting on two more tests, so cross your fingers. And slowly but surely my contacts/eyes are getting back to normal. I'm officially falling apart. Figures, as I'll be 32 this month. Doesn't that just blow?

So since we have no water this evening till 10 p.m., I'm gonna go blow off chores and instead paint my toes....black toenails are the bomb baby.