Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, May 16, 2009

My other name is Wrath.....

I'm so seriously pissed.

We have worked our tails off on our yard....and it was going great. Until my main sprinkler valve cracked. Thus the story begins.

It was the sprinkler valve that controls all the lines and was put in by the builders with the front and side yards before we bought our house. It was labeled a self-draining system. But we winterized it anyway by draining the lines before the snow kicked in last winter.

Apparently you have to have a special tool to drain the actual valve too, or it will freeze and crack. Like mine did. And worse, it can blow a pipe that leads out of it to the front lawn sprinklers.

Guess what?

My line cracked and blew. But since it's underground we didn't know until we went to replace the valve regulator today. And bam......there's an underground marsh in my flowerbeds up front.

Warranty peeps? Doing their very best to NOT ACCEPT any blame and then rush off the phone.

So thankfully since my brother is in town and The Man is out of state still, he's spent most of his day knee deep in mud....fixing it.

Until the fix gave way.......and another marsh of mud filled up.

Tomorrow is another day, pray for me. Cause I've already beat a shrub to death with the pipe wrench after getting off the phone with the warranty guy and then his landscaping guy.

Hell hath no fury like me pissed off and dealing with a situation where I have no control.....geez and I thought I was getting better at the whole vengeance thing.

Guess not. Going to bake my brother a cake, cause he's the bomb and then I'm gonna get some sleep. Gonna pick him up early and start this madness all over again tomorrow.