Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, May 28, 2009

Deep Thoughts

You know we actually thought life would get less hectic with our ten years of military service behind us (I say us because a military wife is definately service peeps! Can I get an amen girls?) And while we enjoyed the first two years of civilian life, it was missing something. I didn't have the community support I was used to, I missed my jobs (military/government community, which is a family in itself), then my mom relo-ed to this area and fell in love with the mountains, vowing to stay forever (even though we weren't) and The Man just wasn't happy working in a fab lab. He's not your inside kind of guy, he thrives outside and using his hands/head.

So when our contract with ********** ran out and budget/layoffs were hinted at, he started looking elsewhere. He found the perfect solution and was hired immediately. Problem is he's working in Texas for a company that works out of four states. So once the job in Texas is done, he's probably going to be relo-ed to another site. So he flies home once a month for now to do the family thing and otherwise is working, taking his welding cert classes and finishing his engineering/safety degree so he's keeping himself pretty busy. It doesn't hurt that any downtime is spent on the golf course or in the woods. He's happy, which means I'm happy.So soon the plan will be to relo the family back to the area in which he'll be assigned. Even though we probably won't go to exactly where he is (cause hello, I need a mall and a good place to work and the oil fields don't really offer that) at least we'll be close enough to see him every weekend and holiday, even weeknights if he wants a commute. That said, wow what a pain.

Thank you economy! Since we bought our house this time last year, it's not going up for sale, so I'm slowly doing all needed improvements (yard, landscaping, basement) to max out the space and then we're going to lease it. So I'll be a property manager, woohoo. There also comes the problem of leaving my mom, which I'm SO not into, but necessary.

The kids however, are ready to move today. They are such Navy brats. They are excited and daily asking when we move. They love having new friends, new schools and a new house. I am blessed that they are so adaptable and the confidence they have developed from our military nomadic lifestyle is awesome!

So why am I dragging my feet? I'm not in love with my job, although it's grown on me and I do well for myself. My house is my house but nothing I can't leave behind. The summer is the perfect time to move, yet I'm thinking Christmas or next summer.I think I'm waiting for the Lord to make the way first. I am a huge OCD planner and yet I find myself in a pickle often times cause I jump right in without waiting for the Lord to clear the path. Things seem awful hard when I do them myself, but if it's meant to be, wow how smoothly it goes.

So please include us in your prayers. We're slowly making our way. I'm totally walking on faith that the Lord will provide the answers we so need.

Until then, I'm going to stick my foot in the water and put out some resumes in various areas and see what comes up. I will make sure to keep my family closeknit and loving even through we are spread across a six state distance.What would you do?