Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Putting on Airs

It was recently called to my attention that I needed a new hobby, besides books. One that takes me out of the house, preferrably with other human beings, real ones.....not highlanders, pirates or vampires. Crap.

So......I dug out the golf clubs that my husband bought me last fall after my work has our annual golf tourny. They were so shiny and pretty. Red! Then I made plans with a friend to actuallly meet up and go to the driving range. I'm still so piss poor at golf that I need lots of work.

It was a beautiful day. Living by the Lake is truly a blessing. We're far enough from town that I have to drive for a gallon of milk, but who cares. Look at that view! But once we got there it was dead. Seems the other golfers were scared off by the massive 25 mph winds we were having that day. (in my head this is where I refer to them as female cats, but I'm trying for appropriate here)

Not us, we were out there with a vengenance. See "K" dressed cuter than me so I nixed any pictures showing you how I looked like an eskimo complete with furry hood. The wind about blew "K" over three times. Poor thing. I'm a big fan of the plant your feet concept so I hunkered down.
After a basket of balls, we realized that holy crap it was cold and we were stupid. So we went home.

But I can officially say, I got outside and did a little physical activity and the feelings in my toes are slowly returning.
On another note, posting has been far and few between as I'm working on something right now that I'm just not quite ready to share, more of a CYA thing. But I'll keep you posted.