Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Let me set the mood:

It's somewhere nearing midnight, I'm trying to de-stress so I'm reading hot and steamy vampire romance by lamp light. The Man is reading about how to field strip his new gun in the dark, while being handcuffed, cause you never know when that task is gonna come in handy. The girlies are all snuggled up in dreamland and the wind is whipping my patio furniture around on my balcony at a whopping 45 mph.

"Honey, honey......."

"Yeah"

"I need a chocolate cupcake, a hostess one with cream"

"No"

"Honey, I need one right now, is it too late to go to the grocery? I can go, right? I'll take a gun, I swear........I need chocolate"

"Um, no"

Okay gonna save you here and just say I begged and pleaded and poked and prodded and promised naughty things that I'd never fufill until I got......

"FINE, I'll go.......damn it.......it's a freaking storm out there!"

"I appreciate you sooooooooooooo much, I really really really do. Oh and grab some Dr. Pepper, I'm running low."

"You better be up when I get back"

"yawn.......huh?"

"You heard me"

"Okay fine, I'll come read downstairs till you get back"

The last thing I heard before the door slammed shut was "Tomorrow we're gonna talk about impulse control......." slam

Now fast forward to today.......

"Honey, I'm going golfing with Mark"

"Don't spend any money."

"Nope, just gonna hit some balls, I swear....."

Three hours later.......

"Honey, I got a new putter and they threw in a used driver that is just awesome"

SHIT

"Oh and I had a lesson too, but I got a great deal.....Mark and I split one......."

How the hell do you split a golf lesson?

Tomorrow we're discussing impulse control.