Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy Whatever Day

The Man had a visit from the gift fairy yesterday. Since he's doing well in his school, he's working full time, he's carpooling and he's soon to travel for work, he needed a laptop. So after several weeks of hunting and shopping, I jumped on a deal yesterday morning. When I called and they said there was one left, I left work and jumped all over it and wiggled on it. So in my trunk, sat his new laptop.




Then I got the email from him saying that he drew a deer in the state wide register. Good job honey. Oh, it's for archery. Crap, he sold his bow. Ummmm okay........he wants a new one. So the email was him wanting to carve out the money soon to buy a bow.


So we go back and forth with the no and then yes (him obviously saying yes) and no and yes and no and yes and finally I snapped. Fine, I'll take back your new laptop. Silence.........shit, I ruined the surprise......


But it was cute, he managed to wait until after dinner before tearing into it. It's perfect for him and I'm happy that it'll make his schooling easier for him now. No much locking himself downstairs in the basement office for hours at a time. He can school in comfort on the road or at work or on the couch. Yeah!


Although this does mean that I can re-organize and clean my office back up. Yes!



I have his promise that he won't mention anything related to guns, trucks or hunting purchases for a month. Isn't he a doll?